Preferred Way of Working
I’m not a fan of jargon, buzzwords, and acronyms; but when it comes to running projects well they seem to be unavoidable. Please excuse them.
I like to work in an agile way, by which I mean according to The Agile Manifesto:
We are uncovering better ways of developing software by doing it and helping others do it. Through this work we have come to value:
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- Working software over comprehensive documentation
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
- Responding to change over following a plan
That is, while there is value in the items on the right, we value the items on the left more.
I want to work with you to deliver important value as quickly as possible. I don’t want to get bogged down in technical detail and process unless those things are valuable, in which case I’ll work with you to explain those things.
Note that this doesn’t imply Scrum, Kanban, or any other specific methodology. I’m happy to work whatever way works best for your project.
Links I Like
- INVEST in Good Stories, and SMART Tasks describes some of the attributes of good stories.